Real Change. Every Day.
Not every YWCA has a pool, but every YWCA helps women when they feel like they're drowning. At the YWCA of Palm Beach County, our bilateral focus on eliminating racism and empowering women is laser sharp. We have a very big and a very powerful mission that leaves a lasting impact on the lives of thousands each year.
Our Impact on Eliminating Racism Last Year:
- More than 200 community members attended our Stand Against Racism luncheon that featured a panel discussion on Immigration and left more informed and ready to support Immigration Reform
- Last year nearly 2 dozen companies across Palm Beach County took the pledge to "Stand Against Racism" and committed to do their part to eliminate racism in their company and in the community
- We registered over 100 women and men of color to vote
Our Impact on Empower Women Last Year:
- 853 lives were saved from domestic abuse, through our crisis line, shelter, and outreach program
- 618 women and children were served at Harmony House, the YWCA of Palm Beach County's Domestic Violence Shelter
- 36 women and their children who were victims of domestic abuse, found permanent housing
- 57 children of low-income families received high quality child development and pre-k education
- 26 young girls were empowered to overcome obstacles and were able to increase their confidence to become strong women