Empowering Women is Good for EVERYONE!
Empowering women is not only the right thing to do, it's a smart thing to do. Empowering women to participate fully in economic life across all sectors is essential to building stronger economies, achieving national and local development and sustainability goals, and improving the quality of life for women, men, families and communities. The private sector is a key partner in efforts to advance gender equality and empower women, and we hope corporations will join us by supporting our work. To become a corporate sponsor, please click here.
Corporate engagement is important, and we also need the entire community to come together to empower women. If you'd like to engage in empowering women in other ways, through volunteerism, mentoring, or serving as an employment partner willing to hire women we are empowering to become self-sufficient, please contact our Chief Program Officer at 561-640-0050 ext. 134.
Here's how the YWCA of Palm Beach County empowers women:
- Supporting women and girls in crisis through our domestic abuse and youth empowerment services
- Mentor girls close to home by offering our youth empowerment programs in the communities where our Y-Girls and Y-Teens live
- Help girls stay in school and avoid risky behaviors through our youth empowerment programs
- Support working moms who are one flat tire away from catastrophe by providing affordable child development programs
- Help women and girls feel they are valued - through every aspect of our work every day!