Marketing & Development Intern
YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all. YWCA of Palm Beach County is a leading organization that enables women and girls to strengthen their quality of life including family relationships, social and health well-being, professional development, financial security, and influence in the community.
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing and development intern to join our marketing and development department and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. You will have administrative duties in developing and implementing marketing strategies.
As a marketing and development intern, you will collaborate with our marketing and development team in all stages of marketing campaigns, events, and programs. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand, and maintain our standing within the community and help us assist those in need.
This internship will help you acquire marketing skills and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in marketing and should be prepared to enter any fast-paced work environment.
• Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
• Perform market analysis and research for internal use
• Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
• Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail, and web)
• Prepare promotional presentations
• Help distribute marketing materials
• Manage and update company database and customer relationship management systems (CRM)
• Help organize marketing events
Requirements and skills
• Strong desire to learn along with a professional drive
• Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office
• Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications (e.g. CRM tools, Online analytics, and Google Adwords)
• Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
• Desire to help those in need
• Current enrollment in a related BS or Masters's degree
• Must commit to a minimum of 20 hours per week
• Credit can be provided for internship
Starting Salary Range: N/A – Unpaid Internship
I have reviewed this job description and understand that the YWCA of Palm Beach County ensures that essential functions and basic duties have been included. I realize this job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the YWCA reserves the right to change this position description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as may be deemed appropriate.