Director of Fundraising & Development
The Director of Fundraising & Development position exists to support the Chief Executive Officer in advancing the organization’s mission through fundraising, development, marketing, communications and event planning. The Director of Fundraising & Development must have knowledge of fund development, individual and corporate giving, while overseeing fundraising campaigns and events. They must ensure that campaigns are effective by researching potential donors and examining records of those who have given in the past. All candidates must be committed to YWCA’s mission of eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, and dignity for all.
Key Position Duties & Functions
· Lead the organization’s Development program by:
o Manage and oversee the organization’s fund development activities
o Solicit new donations
o Secure corporate gifts
o Maintain positive relationships with donors, sponsors, corporate partners and volunteers
o Conduct presentations on behalf of YWCA
o Assist with securing sponsorships, donations and, in-kind gifts
o Oversee volunteer management activities, projects and personnel
o Represent organization in community
o Update organization’s website as needed
o Ensure organization is brand compliant and update marketing materials and collateral as needed including logos, brochures, letterhead, digital content etc.
o Manage organization’s social media presence including acknowledging donors, sponsors, volunteers, and events
o Create Social Media content and ensure organization has an active social media presence
o Monitor website analytics and message center
o Record cash, check, on-line, in person, over-the-phone and credit card donations into donor software
o Record, collect, and acknowledge in-kind gifts including auction items and center donations
o Generate donor acknowledgement letters, receipts and update correspondence in donor software
o Prepare, maintain, and update mailing lists for event invitations; sponsorships solicitations etc.
o Prepare distribution of annual report; direct mail pieces; and newsletters
o Respond to and resolve website inquiries, volunteer complaints, and requests
o Work with our printing company and/or design event invitations, save the dates, etc.
o Keep track of marketing collaterals such as logos, brochures, letterhead, digital content, and more.
o Ensure adequate supply of marketing collateral
o Prepare press releases, mass communications and other content
Skills & Abilities
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with donors, the general public, community partners, governmental organizations, public officials, and members of diverse cultural backgrounds.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Must have proficiency in donor software (Raisers Edge, etc. (preferably Bloomerang).
· Must be proficient in creating, and disseminating mass communications (eNews platforms such as Constant Contact, MailChimp, etc.)
· Proficient in Adobe – PDF, Photoshop, and Canva • Must have excellent attention to detail
· Must be prompt; timely and responsive to needs of fast-paced organization
· Must have excellent customer service skills including telephone and email etiquette
· Must be able to handle confidential information discretely
· Associates degree or relevant experience
· Certification in fundraising, event/meeting planning, and/or volunteer coordination a plus
· Minimum 3-5 years related experience in fundraising, marketing and event planning
Starting Salary Range: $55,000.00-$65,000.00